Breathing Retraining Course for Health Professionals Feb 9-11, 2018
3-day Level 2 training plus 6 month mentoring program
FEE: $2200 ($2000 + GST)
Note: This program is only offered once per year and has booked out each year from 2012 to 2017
PAY ABOVE : ADD TO CART
Working with breathing to enhance clinical outcomes
Friday 9 to Sunday 11, 2018 Manly (Sydney) Australia
- Comprehensive training – theory and practical with experienced physiotherapist / breathing educator
- Assessment for dysfunctional breathing patterns
- Mechanical, physiological, psychological and biochemical effects of dysfunctional breathing.
- Myths and misunderstandings about breathing
- Delivering breathing retraining programs to adults and children with breathing-related disorders
- Exercises and strategies to relieve blocked nose, dyspnoea, dizziness, panic attacks… and more
- Exercises to help retrain the respiratory centre to regulate breathing at more physiological normal rate
- Integrating physiologically normal breathing into ADL, speech, sleep and sport
- The nine habits of healthy breathing
- Working with doctors and healthcare professionals
- Practice development modules (Value $495)
- Personal experience of breathing retraining (Value:$790)
- 2 hours of breathing coaching during exercise (Value $350) includes hill walk and swimming
- Monthly mentoring via Zoom for 6 months
- More information …Click here
Includes: # Course notes & workbook # 21 hrs on course days # 6 mentoring sessions via Zoom (9hrs) TOTAL 30 CPD hours
(Pre-requisite: Prior Level 1 Basics of Healthy Breathing or Essential Breathing Skills Workshop)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Registrations will be processed in order of arrival. Please register early to ensure you have a place at the workshop/course.
- Confirmation – venue information with receipt will be emailed within 3 days of receipt of registration form
- Fees inclusive of GST
- Transfer to another attendee in full is accepted – but shared / split registration is not given the nature of this training. Transfer registration to another training not permitted
- DISCLAIMER: we accept no responsibility in the unlikely event circumstances beyond our control result in the cancellation of part or all of the event and we reserve the right to make changes to the training without notice
- All dates subject to expiry at 6pm AEST for post and electronically received registrations for Earlybird registrations and 6pm AEST for STANDARD and LATE registrations
- Late / Onsite registration – no guarantee of materials after Close of Standard Registration = 5 days before the event
- Expiry dates and times – no negotiation for any reason to be fair to all delegates
- Participants are expected to have appropriate registration and Professional Indemnity cover.
A confirmed registration will be refunded in full if cancellation is requested six weeks prior to commencement of the course. Cancellations within the six-week period will be refunded at 70% if the full amount had been paid; nil if only part payment was made. All cancellations will incur a $75 administration fee.
This is a very worthwhile course for physiotherapists. Advanced skills in breathing retraining have increased my clinical effectiveness when working with clients with asthma, chronic pulmonary disorders, sleep-breathing disorders, and panic disorder, and with those seeking enhanced sports performance. In addition, providing breathing retraining programs has added a new dimension to my practice. Kate Milne, Breathing Matters, Countrywide Physiotherapy, Angaston SA.
Breathing retraining has been an important tool in my repertoire of treatment strategies for over twenty years. However, completing Tess’s course has completely changed the way I understand and address breathing issues amongst my clientele. Adopting her techniques has led to rapid progress in symptom relief early on in treatment, contributing to greater gains in therapeutic progress overall. Fiona Sandilands – clinical psychologist, ACT
I am very impressed with Tess Graham’s knowledge and expertise and the usefulness of the techniques she teaches. I am amazed by using these simple techniques, I am able to help my clients with various chronic conditions including deconditioned, neurological and COPD to achieve better breathing control and improve on their mobility and balance more easily. May Kwan, community physiotherapist, Brisbane, QLD
The outcomes that I saw Tess achieve in 5 days were amazing.Tess is an excellent communicator. Caroline Ash – Buteyko breathing educator, Tasmania
This workshop immediately changed my teaching of breath. I have carefully integrated what I learnt into my teaching and I have seen the benefit to clients, to be a calmer, more rhythmic breathing pattern, requiring less effort and assisting them to relax physically and mentally.” Jakki Tobin – physiotherapist, Pilates instructor
Tess Graham (BSc. PGD Physio; Dip BM)
Physiotherapist and Breathing Educator, Tess Graham has extensive clinical and research experience in breathing retraining. She has worked exclusively in this field for 25 years, achieving extraordinary outcomes for over 6500 people with breathing-related disorders. She holds the highly-regarded diploma in the Buteyko Breathing Method from Moscow and is author of Relief from Snoring and Sleep Apnoea (Penguin 2012) and Relief from Anxiety and Panic (2017). Tess lectures nationally and internationally. She was an invited speaker at the AAMS Congress in Los Angeles Sept 2015, and the International Paediatric Sleep Association Congress (IPSA) Taiwan, 2016, along with other world leaders in the treatment of sleep apnoea.